Keyboard shortcut for right click – back then, you wouldn’t need any mouse to input commands to your computers. The keyboard got you covered, considering there was no graphical UI. However, several things have changed in the past decades.
But can you imagine how your day would be without using a mouse nowadays? Other than for inputting commands, the presence of a mouse allows you to have everything in a few clicks away.
So, in this article, you will find out several ways to try when it comes to the keyboard shortcut for right click. They will help your productivity and accessibility, especially in times when you don’t need any mouse in the first place.
Is There Any Keyboard Shortcut for Right Click?
Yes, there are several ways to access the right-click on your keyboard. You can take a look at the tutorials below and find out which shortcut works best for you.
#1 Using the Keyboard Shortcut
When it comes to how to right click without a mouse, you have to check your keyboard in the first place. Generally, a full-sized keyboard comes with the Application Key or also called the Menu Key.
If you are using an external keyboard then you will find this key between the right Ctrl and Windows buttons. On some keyboards, the key is sitting between the right Ctrl and “Fn” buttons.
However, the keyboard shortcut for right click in laptop might seem a little bit different. The button is between the right Ctrl and Alt. as long as you have this button, you don’t need to worry if there is no access to your mouse.
But what if your laptop or keyboard doesn’t have a dedicated Menu Key? Well, you can hold Shift + F10 altogether. This is also an effective right click keyboard shortcut Windows 10.
#2 Keyboard Shortcut for Right Click on Chromebook
If you are using this device and have no access to your mouse, you can press the touchpad by using two fingers at once – as simple as that. On the other hand, there is a way to bring the shortcut to the next level by turning on the “Tap-to-click” function.
- First of all, click the clock and a tray will appear on your screen. After that, click the “Setting” button.
- You should scroll your screen and find the “Advanced” option at the bottom of the screen.
- After clicking “Advanced”, you will see another menu appear. In this part, you can scroll further until you find “Touchpad”.
- Later, you will find “Enable tap-to-click” and all you need to do is to turn on the button.
Enabling this function allows you to show the menu of right click by tapping the touchpad with two fingers.
#3 Using Mouse Keys in Windows 10
Whether you are using Lenovo, Dell, or other brands, as long as you are using the Win 10 operating system then you can access this menu to turn on the right click shortcut in laptop with a numpad.
- Begin the process by accessing the Control Panel on your device.
- Find the “Ease of Access” Menu”.
- After that, click on “Ease of Access Center”.
- You can scroll your screen and click the “Make the mouse easier to use”.
- In this part, you have to click the “Turn on Mouse Keys” box and execute with “Apply”.
- And if the process is done, the MouseKeys icon will appear on the system tray.
Meanwhile, if you have a red “X” near the icon, you should turn on the Numlock. The minus (-) key acts as the power button for the MouseKeys. And after that, the right-click menu will appear everytime you press “5” through the numpad.
#4 Right Click Keyboard Shortcut Mac
Is it possible to have a right-click shortcut on Mac devices without using a Mac’s mouse? Well, you should try these steps to turn your trackpad into a mouse.
- First thing first, access your Click the Apple Menu located on the top left of your screen.
- After that, head to the System Preferences and go to the Trackpad option.
- You will see three tabs on your screen and access the Point & Click. Here, you should tick the box next to “Secondary click”.
- Open the drop-down menu and pick which one you prefer.
- After closing the window, you should manage the tracking speed.
If you choose “Click with two fingers” then the right click menu will appear everytime you click your trackpad with two fingers at once.
More than anything, the presence of a mouse in this modern life is such a life-saver. However, there might be times where you should go without a mouse. While the cursor pad of your laptop might help, using the shortcuts will save your time and energy too.
So, this is everything you need to know about the keyboard shortcut for right click, in case you cannot access your mouse in the first place. You could consider voice-control and eye-tracking cameras too for more effortless access.